I bet you all want to know how to do it so here it is:
from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
You may not be psychic but if you can make fortune cookies, that's close enough. Think of how surprised your friends and guests will be to receive a personalized fortune!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.2g) of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.2g) of almond extract
- 3 tablespoons (41g) of vegetable oil
- 8 tablespoons (62.5g) of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (4g) of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.5g) of salt
- 8 tablespoons (100g) of sugar
- 3 teaspoons (15g) of water
- Measure out strips for your fortunes on a piece of paper. The strips should be about 3" (7.6cm) long and 1/2" (1.25cm) wide. Write your fortunes out and then cut the strips. You'll need about 10 fortunes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease baking sheets.
- Beat the egg white in a bowl. Add vanilla extract, almond extract and vegetable oil.
- Put flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt into a separate bowl. Stir, with water.
- Add the flour; cornstarch; sugar; salt mixture into the egg; vanilla; and almond mixture. Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Place tablespoons of batter onto the cookie sheet, spacing them around 2 or 3 inches (5 - 7.5cm) apart. Tilt the baking sheet back and forth, side to side, until each tablespoon of batter forms into a circle 4 inches (10cm) in diameter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the outer half turns to a golden brown color, and they are easy to remove from the baking sheet.
- Remove the cookie with a spatula, and flip it over in your hand. Place the fortune in the middle of the cookie.
- Form the fortune cookie shape,and fold the cookie in half, then gently pull the edges downward over the rim of a glass or wooden spoon.
- Place the finished cookie in the cup of a muffin tin or teacup or whatever you think will work best so that it keeps its shape. Continue with the rest of the cookies.
- Use a baking mat on a cold cookie sheet. If you do not have a baking mat, grease the cookie sheet very well. Do not put batter on a warm cookie sheet.
- Start by making only one or two cookies.
- Work quickly with the hot cookies. They harden as they cool.
- After removing the cookie, give it a couple (and only a couple) seconds to cool before putting the fortune in. Putting it in immediately will cause it to sink into the batter and make it very difficult to remove.
- If you do not want to put in fortunes in your "fortune" cookies, you could skip those steps.
- Wear gloves when working with the hot cookies to keep from burning your hands.
- If gloves are difficult to work with try applying duct tape to the pads of your fingers. You may wish to double up. It works great at protecting you from getting burned by repeated exposure to the heat while folding the cookies.
- It is not necessarily good for your health to use any industrial paper and ink, as these chemical "ingredients" will be in contact with the food you are about to eat.
Things You'll Need
- Cookie sheets
- Baking mat (optional but very helpful)
- Cup or glass
- Muffin tins or more cups
- Paper, scissors, ruler, pen for fortunes
- How to Bake Cookies
- How to Make Crispy Cookies
- How to Make a Cookie Bouquet
- How to Make Cookie Cutter Cookies
- How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Birthday Cake
- How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make a Fortune Cookie. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
NO CREDIT TO ME THANKS ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE OWNERS AND CREATORS!